- Surrendering an Animal
- Lost Pet Recovery
- Found a Lost Pet?
- Spay & Neuter
- Animal Rescue & Control
- Dog Licensing
- Humane Education
- Behavior and Training
- Door to Door
How You Can Help!
This wish list of items helps ensure the animals in our care have a more comfortable stay at the shelter. Thank you for your support!
If you'd like to shop online, we have a BRAND NEW AMAZON.COM SHOPPING LIST!! CLICK HERE to go directly to our shopping site.
- Kongs and other food prize toys
- Peanut butter and non-fat yogurt (to stuff the Kongs)
- Dog treats (small training-sized treats are especisally useful)
- Dog toys (durable and washable, e.g., Kongs, Nylabones, rope toys)
- Cat toys
- Non-clumping clay cat litter
- Wood pellet animal bedding (no pine/cedar shavings)
- Advantage flea treatment for cats and dogs
- Sturdy metal storage shelving
- SORTED newspaper (no glossy paper)
- Blankets (no electric blankets)
- Animal heating pads
- Batteries (AA, AAA, 9V)
- Digital cameras
- Office supplies
- METAL butter knives, forks, spoons, can openers
- Dog shampoo (natural ingredients, no medicated or "flea" shampoos)
- Nylon collar with clip - Adjustable prefered!
- Nylon dog leashes
- Grass hay/orchard hay
- Leafy greens for the rabbits and guinea pigs (e.g., lettuce, kale, dandelion greens, parsley, chard, beet greens, carrot tops)
- Small animal items (appropriate chew items and the like for rabbits, guinea pigs, rats, etc.)
- Monetary donations are welcome and greatly appreciated!
Things we can't use...
- Pooper scoopers
- Electric blankets
- Foam core (non-washable/non-dryable) pet beds
- Self-cleaning/electric litterboxes
Santa Cruz County Animal Shelter also accepts monetary donations. More information on Donations.