File a Complaint

To File a Complaint:

• If you have an EMERGENCY SITUATION please call 911 or our dispatcher at 454-7200 x 1.
• If you are reporting a NUISANCE COMPLAINT such as barking dogs, or non-aggressive roaming dogs, please use our Online Complaint Form. Do not use the online complaint form for situations that require immediate attention.
• If you have an ongoing problem with a neighbor’s dogs or other pets, or need to file a report in writing,  please fill out an Animal Control Witness Statement. (click for form)
• To speak with an Animal Shelter staff person, or if you have problems logging your complaint, please call the Santa Cruz County Shelter directly at (831) 454-7200.