- Surrendering an Animal
- Lost Pet Recovery
- Found a Lost Pet?
- Spay & Neuter
- Animal Rescue & Control
- Dog Licensing
- Humane Education
- Behavior and Training
- Door to Door
How You Can Help!
Animal Shelter Services
- Two full service, open-door shelters which accept all animals presented for care and disposition and provide regional locations for owners to find and recover their lost pets.
- Animal adoptions, including on-line searches for adoptable animals and off-site adoption services in collaboration with area animal-related businesses.
- Animal transfers to over 50 approved animal placement partner groups (breed rescue and animal welfare organizations).
- Basic veterinary care for all animals. Animal emergency medical care provided by Santa Cruz County Animal Shelter through private animal emergency clinics.
- On site spay and neuter for adoptable shelter animals and low-cost spay neuter for County resident dogs, cats and rabbits.
- Lost and found services, including a telephone hot line and on-line posting of all found animals that arrive at the shelters.
- Dog licensing program for the County.
- Microchip services for dogs, cats and rabbits for permanent identification.
- Feral cat trap rentals, and assistance with feral cat colonies.
- Humane education and community outreach.
- Volunteer programs to assist shelter staff at both shelter locations with adoptions, animal care and socialization.
- Foster care programs that place young, sick, injured or unsocialized animals in home care until the animals are ready for adoption.
- Humane euthanasia and disposal of animals when necessary.